Tuesday 15 July 2008

Lazy Public Holiday!

I had been looking forward for a few days off for a while now, I may be taking more since I have worked up 15 days which need to be taken before the 29th August when my contract ends. So it was a quiet 12th weekend. Apart from a small minority in Rasharkin disturbing the usual progressions on the 12th of July.

It has been full of nothing for me. Nothing in the sense of not accomplishing much or making the effort to accomplish much. Started on Thursday night, I went into town with Keith after work and got, what I call lame excuse for hair, cut. Impulsively purchased some dumbbells in Argos. There was a clearance sale and I was thinking about getting them for a while. So if any one spots me doing a John Wayne impression, you will understand.

Friday night I lay low in the house. It had been a while since I took the liberty of a quiet night in, especially at the weekend. I even managed to watch the previous Sunday episode of Top Gear. Also surfed YouTube for the Top Gear Special Movie in America.

Saturday I told myself that under no circumstances was I for watching the parade. A short phone call from Kenny persuaded me to go and stand with them. We got talk at the side of the road and commented on how a lot of 'Loyal Supporters' walking in the parade looked ecstatic to be part of the annual march of loyalism. It was Alyssa's second parade, and for a small kid, she seemed to handle the battering of the lambegs pretty well! Kenny produced quite an interesting and true point. I asked in conversation if they (They being Kenny, his fiánce Laura, and their two year old daughter Alyssa) had been to the bonfire the previous night. He expressed his views:

"No I disagree with the burning of the Irish flag. At the end of the day they are a country of millions of people we have never met. Why is it socially acceptable to burn a flag in this country but when Iraqi's do it to the American flag its on the news? Its a disgrace"

Which really got me thinking that this is vitally true, like the comment of funding terrorists. As soon as a few terrorists 'act out' towards America, they go on a 'red light' security mode. The point I have to make, as a citizen of Northern Ireland, terrorists have been holding this country hostage and 'acting' out and showing their existence for the past 40 years! Has there been any evidence of other nations and countries providing any sort of aid towards the victims of this terrorism?

With my little point of view over, I relished in American brands today such as Subway and Starbucks, man that dark fruppacino is awesome!

Played monopoly at Andy's house on Monday night. This game is purely evil which brings out horrible traits in everyone! I have never witnessed these people who are usually calm in nature, go off the rails! A certain female pretty much brought her claws out and proclaimed that Graeme, Andy and myself were being shovanist by not dealing property with the females in the game. Now thats just uncool there Miss B! You didnt have the property to trade that we wanted! Needless to say, I won!

No comments: