Wednesday 3 September 2008

Awesome August Part 1

Ok so there is a severe lack in activity on my part in this blog, but its not that anyone reads it, so its near enough a 'cobweb' in tekky talk.

Since I've last been on a few changes have been made in my life. I am currently in limbo between jobs. I have left Calor Gas as my time there had to sadly come to an end. Those guys know how to party! We had a night out in belfast. Pretty much cant remember a lot about it, but the photos suggest that it was a sweet time! There are photos on my Bebo and shortly on Facebook of the night.

August was a memorable month. Not only did I leave Calor, I also lost my festival virginity to V Festival 2008.This was an unbelievable experience that has left me with great memories and experiences. I now know the importance of trying to sneak in alcohol at all costs, and must remember any more festivals to bring more food as the food in the arena is sky rocket price! There are photos on Bebo and Facebook (yet again I will post links to). Over the course of the weekend we had the pleasure and delight to see bands such as The Feeling, Shed 7, Girls Aloud, Little Man Tate, Lenny Kravitz, Kaiser Chiefs, LostProphets, Alanis Morrisett, Kings of Leon, The Zutons, Newton Faulkner, Stereophonics and The Prodigy. All of these artists and bands rocked in their own special way, but the main bands and artists that made it for me were Newton Faulkner, LostProphets, Kaiser Chiefs, Stereophonics and The Prodigy. I am now listening to more Lenny Kravits and listening out for Little Man Tate. I urge anyone and everyone to go and live the festival experience!

As unfortuneatley for us, we chose to camp in the campsite that was furthest away from the carpark, over a few rolling fields and down some dirt tracks, however this paid off as our campsite was the closest to the arena main gate. A short detour around a fence, across the track and we were at the arena gates. Proven useful for the Saturday night as the heavens decided to unleash 3 weeks of rain upon us over a matter of a few hours. That didnt matter, the crowd was still pumping to the Kaiser Chiefs!


Definately recommend the festival experience to everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww look it baby cousin at his first festival bless :)