Tuesday 9 September 2008

Two Whole Weeks

So the past two weeks I have been experiencing what its like to be a 'bum'.

I left Calor Gas Friday week ago as it was the end of my placement year and I had to move over to allow another student to enjoy the fruits of Calor. I'm not going back to uni this year. Unemployment is not an option, I like my luxuries and having my own money, plus the parentals would royally kick my arse!

It must be something hammered into me when I was growning up. Not to be laying around the house all day doing nothing. Its funny when your stuck in work when its busy, you pine for a day off, but the past week I have been looking for things to keep myself busy. Today I feel rather accomplished, not laying in bed until early (or late) after noon. Called to the shop to get a few pieces and came back and started cleaning! What the heck! I'm going to have to undo all the cleaning I did. Cant have my mum knowing that I can wash dishes and use the hoover, iron, mop and tidy. I might be asked to do it more often - Scary!

I start my new job on Monday morning but dont know how long I will last, I haven't done anything of this sort before. I start work trying to sell insurance for a reputable insurance company. This is only temporary until further life plans unfold. Watch this space!

No comments: